Leading up to the eventual release of PathFinder 7, we’ll be highlighting and talking about some of the biggest a newest features slated for PathFinder 7. Most of the ideas for these features came directly from our users, and the vote count on our feedback page for each idea held significant weight in our decisions. In short- You spoke, we listened.
For the first installation of the series, we’ll be talking about Dropbox integration within PathFinder. As one of the longest and most requested features, Dropbox and PathFinder will finally be able to work together harmoniously.
A little sneak peak of how it works:
Right upon launch Path Finder tries to determine if you have Dropbox application installed and linked to a Dropbox account. If not, nothing happens. If you do, Path Finder tries to figure out the root folder used by the Dropbox application for file syncing. If it’s not successful in that, nothing happens. If it is, Path Finder offers you to link it to your Dropbox account as seen below:
Once you are successfully linked, you will able to manage your Dropbox files the same was as in the Finder or the Dropbox application itself.
Complete and detailed instructions for linking your Dropbox account to PF and how Dropbox works with PF will be available upon PF7’s release.
Stay tuned for the next exciting PathFinder 7 feature!
We’ve released another patch, Version 6.5.3, in order to fix bugs introduced in both 6.5.1 and 6.5.2. A few days ago, we released 6.5.2 as a fix for 6.5.1. This caused some issues for some users who may not have been affected by the bug in the first place. This new Version fixes that and should be a stable version for all users.
Please get in touch with us at support.cocoatech.com if you have any issues.
1) Fixes to bugs introduced in 6.5.1 and 6.5.2
Cocoatech released Version 6.5.1 today for Path Finder 6, available as a free update to all licensed Path Finder 6 users. This update fixes some commonly seen issues, and helps ensure a better file managing experience.
Please visit support.cocoatech.com for any issues you may have.
1. Browser window restores position after un-maximize.
2. Fixed exceptions when cropping a resized image.
3. Fixed Quick Look preview restarting (10.9 Mavericks).
4. Fixed drawer openings for the Find window (10.9 Mavericks).
5. Fixed active window restoring when becoming active app with PF Desktop shown.
Cocoatech has released version 6.5 for Path Finder, a free update to all licensed Path Finder 6 users which contains fixes to commonly seen issues and bugs.
For any issues, please head over to support.cocoatech.com and start a discussion.
1. Fixed hanging issue some people experienced when launching Path Finder or opening Path Finder’s application launcher. (10.9 Mavericks)
2. Fixed exceptions when saving image in the Image Editor.
3. Fixed exceptions some people experienced when using Text Editor.
4. Fixed drawers opening on start up (10.9 Mavericks)
5. Better synchronization of tags with Mavericks Finder and some other applications which use OpenMeta specification (e.g. Yep)
We have released an public beta containing a fix for the “Freeze on Launch” issue. For more information and to download the Beta, head over to our Open-Beta discussion, where you can report your findings on the beta and discuss with other PF6 users having the issue.
Thanks for bearing with us through this difficult bug!
-The Cocoatech Team
Today, Cocoatech released Path Finder 6.4, following suit of Apple’s OS X 10.9 release. Version 6.4 is optimized with Mavericks in mind, allowing for seamless intergration with your OS. As always, this free update is available to all licensed Path Finder 6 users. Please visit support.cocoatech.com for any issues you may have.
Changes for 6.4:
- Support for OS X 10.9 Mavericks
- 10.9 Tags compatibility
- Fixed Emoji characters in file names not being displayed in main browser views
Cocoatech announces today that it has released version 6.1.5 for Lion and Mountain Lion. New to 6.1.5 are a few bug fixes and more customization options, as well as improved functionality with a couple third party apps. For more information visit http://www.cocoatech.com.
1. Improvements of Spotlight search for tags, keywords and others.
2. Respects umask environment variable when creating new files and folders.
3. Added option to keep Dual Pane divider centered.
4. Added option to keep copied items in the Drop Stack until manually removed.
5. Improved compatibility with third party applications Typinator and TextExpander.
A few bugs have been fixed in the latest release for Path Finder 6. You can update to the new version by clicking “Check for Updates” in the Path Finder menu. A list of fixes can be found below. Visit http://www.cocoatech.com or http://www.support.cocoatech.com for more information.
1. Fixed file operations progress pop-up resize crash.
2. Fixed “Computer” Dock menu item.
3. Fixed generic PC icon in the Sidebar.